Choices
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Time Between (Roisin)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Long Time Between (Roisin) Empty Long Time Between (Roisin)

Post  victoriousscarf Tue May 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Half humming under his breath, Memphis flipped through the CD racks of the store, only half paying attention to the titles as they went by. If he wasn't quite paying attention to the CDs, he certainly wasn't paying any attention to who else might be in the store.
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

http://magical-notes.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Long Time Between (Roisin) Empty Re: Long Time Between (Roisin)

Post  Roisin Tue May 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Rosy was confused. She'd been told this was a music store, but she didn't see any instruments. She didn't even see any of the papers humans used to mark down music. It was such a quaint little system, but a bit to static for Roisin's taste. All there were, were bunches of tiny, colorful boxes in racks.

The only conclusion she could come to was that modern music was very, very odd. "Um... excuse me." She tried asking one of the patrons, but they just ignored her, bobbing their head under the black ear covers they had on. She tried another, but they walked right past her. Finally, she tapped a dark haired man on the shoulder. "Excuse me."
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Tue May 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Startled, Memphis jumped slightly, turning to see who the hell was touching him and freezing. For a moment he just blinked, one of the CDs in his hand, as he took in the other's appearance. Now he was paying attention it was obvious she was an angel, but he certainly didn't need that to know who she was. "Roisin?" he asked.
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Wed May 18, 2011 12:10 am

Roisin's eyes widened in surprise. Of all the people she had never expected to run into in Eden, this demon might've been at the top of the list. A wide grin broke out on her face. "Memphis!" She exclaimed, flinging her arms around him in a hug. "It's been ages since I've seen you!" Who cared if he was a demon? She had missed her friend!
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 18, 2011 12:15 am

Memphis stiffened at that, still shocked at seeing the other, and a little unsure what to do with suddenly being engulfed. "Th-thousands of years, yeah," he said, arms still akimbo. Hesitantly, he brought his arms back in, very lightly hugging her. "H-hey."
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Wed May 18, 2011 1:16 am

Rosy buried her head against Mamphis's shoulder, breathing in the scent of him. "Lord above, Memphis, I've missed you!" She was practically radiating her happiness. A musical laugh bubbled from her lips. "It's just so good to see a friendly face." Not that she actually could see his face while hugging him like this, but the sentiment was right.
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 18, 2011 1:33 am

"Well," he said with a faint laugh. "That'd require seeing my face for more than a minute, but I suppose I... appreciate the sentiment." He'd forgotten how radiant she was, and how happy all the time. It made the pit of his stomach twist slightly, while also making him feel like he was glowing just a little bit himself.

"I... missed you too," he managed though it hurt to say.
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Wed May 18, 2011 2:05 am

She chuckled with him. "A technicality." Rosy replied, the tiniest bit tongue-in-cheek. She'd heard a couple of humans use that one. Even if it was confusing most of the time, she enjoyed hearing the changes in the language.

She gave him little squeeze, before pulling back enough to actually look him in the face, still loosely hugging him. She met his dark eyes with warmth brimming in her own. "What in the world are you doing here?"
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 18, 2011 2:11 am

Memphis offered her a faint grin, waving the CD in front of her. "Me? I'm just looking at music. Nothing devious or anything, since I wasn't even planning on shoplifting."
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Wed May 18, 2011 2:51 am

She tilted her head to the side. "That's music nowadays?" Her brows furrowed in confusion. She just didn't get what all these little boxes had to do with music. His reference to shoplifting went clear over her head, as she had yet to run into that term. She supposed it was, well, devious, but otherwise it made little sense.
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 18, 2011 3:03 am

For a long moment Memphis just considered her before shaking his head slightly. "Yes, this is what music is like now. They... record it. So, the songs that people play are on these now," he said, holding up the disc. "You buy a player, and put the disc in, then whenever you want to hear the song you put this in. Does that sorta start to explain it?" he asked, aware of the odd looks they were getting and not much caring.
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Wed May 18, 2011 3:09 am

Her eyebrows rose a considerable degree as a look of pure amazement took over her face. "They can actually record music now!" She said, staring at the little box in his hand. "They really have been very busy down here, haven't they." A grin broke out on her face. It was wonderful! Music whenever you wanted it.
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 18, 2011 3:19 am

He couldn't help but grin at her, nodding. "Yeah. They've been busy. When was the last time you were down anyway? They've been able to do this in one form or another for at least a hundred years now..." He glanced around the store. "But yeah, you can get all kinds of music, and they keep coming up with more..."
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Wed May 18, 2011 3:32 am

Rosy blinked and thought back. "597." She said matter-of-fact-ly, hastily adding in an, "A.D." She studied the little box in his hand. "I'm just glad to hear they're still making it. What is it like?"
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 18, 2011 3:35 am

He blinked at her a couple times at the date. "That's... a long time," he managed finally. There was no way he could have managed to do the same. "Well, their music now is... different. There's all sorts of it, and it just depends on what you like listening to but... you'll have to try some and see I suppose."
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Wed May 18, 2011 3:42 am

She blushed a bit, reaching up a hand rub at the back of her neck. "It may have been the only time I've been down to Earth..." She admitted. Her gaze swept over the large array of colorful boxes, the number of them was slightly daunting. "I have no idea where to start."
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 18, 2011 1:58 pm

He shuddered once at the thought of never having been to Earth more than once, though, considering his example, it might have been a better plan that spending so much time around humans.

"Well," he got out when he could. "There's plenty of genres out there, maybe explore a couple and see what you like," he said with a shrug and pointed to a station with headphones. "They let you preview different things there."
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Thu May 19, 2011 12:47 am

She nodded as he spoke. "Column was rather fond of Gregorian chants." She mused aloud. She wandered over to the headphones. They looked like ear warmers in her opinion. She carefully placed them over her ears. Then she waited. When nothing happened, she arched an eyebrow at Memphis.
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Thu May 19, 2011 12:54 am

He'd paused to pick up a couple CDs, scanning one of them and getting it set up to play Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue before he glanced around, trying to think of what else to get her to listen to.
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Thu May 19, 2011 1:18 am

Rosy let out a soft sound of surprise when the music started. It was like nothing she'd ever heard before. Her eyes slid shut as she let herself get absorbed in the music. The rhythm! The resonance! There was so much life in it. She couldn't help but sway to it, she hummed very lightly along with it. A smile spread over her lips. Oh, humans had been very busy indeed!
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 am

Memphis grinned, watching her, and waited for the clip to finish before saying, "You seem to like jazz well enough then," before putting on the next one, this one an example of gospel music that he wasn't entirely sure he should be handling, but he figured she might enjoy. He also had found a CD of Irish jigs, some flamenco and a Broadway musical. Between those, he figured she would have a small sampling of what humans had been coming up with.
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Thu May 19, 2011 1:55 am

Rosy nodded emphatically. "It's great! The sound is so vibrant, I could practically see it!" A grin broke across her face as the next sample started playing. The words were- Oh! it was just so beautiful. She beamed up at Memphis. It was perfect. She could feel herself falling in love with music all over again.
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Thu May 19, 2011 2:44 am

Memphis grinned again, before passing along the Irish jigs, and the flamenco, holding the Broadway in reserve.
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Thu May 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Her eyebrows rose in pleasant surprise as she listened to the sample from the Irish CD. "I've heard songs like this before!" She told Memphis excitedly. "I remember people dancing to them. They were always so light on their feet that sometimes I could've sworn that they had wings of their own!" Those were good memories for Rosy. There hadn't been as many dances after Columba had to leave Ireland, but it was too beautiful on Iona for her to be upset about it.
Roisin
Roisin

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Thu May 19, 2011 8:35 pm

He bobbed his head, still grinning. "I'll have to show you some dances humans have come up with since. I think you'd like the waltz, or the foxtrot, but my personal favorites fall more in line with the Charleston and East Coast Swing." Another pause, and he scanned the Phantom of the Opera CD, curious as to her reaction to that particular one.
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next