Choices
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are You Sure I Can't See You to the Door? [F]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are You Sure I Can't See You to the Door? [F] Empty Are You Sure I Can't See You to the Door? [F]

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 1:17 am

Actually at the front of his shop instead of the back, Sadiq was working on a floral arrangement, some carnations in red and white being at the center of this particular one. On the counter to one side was a small book he'd found ages ago in a shop somewhere. It was a bit worn, being out of print and out of date, but he enjoyed it for being about the Victorian flower language. He rarely actually catered to the old system, but he enjoyed it sometimes, as something extra to keep himself entertained.

Last edited by victoriousscarf on Wed May 11, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

http://magical-notes.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Are You Sure I Can't See You to the Door? [F] Empty Re: Are You Sure I Can't See You to the Door? [F]

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 am

Roderich entered the flower shop, the arrangements in the window drawing him in. It wasn't as though he had anyone to purchase flowers for at the moment, but that wasn't enough of a reason for him to disregard them. He glanced up at the bell over the door, mentally classifying the note it rang. His violet gaze scanned the shop, lighting on the man at the counter and the arrangement he was working on. Most of them seems a mass of flowers that simply looked nice together, that one though...

"A pining for purity?" He asked before he thought about it.
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Are You Sure I Can't See You to the Door? [F] Empty Re: Are You Sure I Can't See You to the Door? [F]

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 1:30 am

Sadiq tilted his head, considering the well dressed man that entered, and had to do a double take. It looked like the brown haired man had walked out of the illustrations he'd seen on the Victorian era, and then noticed the symbolism of the flowers. The larger man hadn't thought they'd invented time machines, but he could have been wrong...

Instead of asking, he nodded. "Yeah, that's what they stand for," he said, "And I figured they fit in well enough. Versed in symbolism then?" he asked, giving the outfit another look over.

Last edited by victoriousscarf on Wed May 11, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 1:35 am

Roderich nodded slightly, considering the arrangement for a moment, "It's well constructed. No contradictions, which seems to be what happens more often than not when someone attempts to form an arrangement based off of the language."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 1:46 am

Sadiq's brows rose behind the mask and he nodded. "Well, I'm glad I managed t' avoid such a thing then," he said, tying a bow around the arrangement and setting it on the shelf with some others. "Especially since I only vaguely know it. You much of an expert then?" he asked, still caught up sort by the attire the other was wearing.

Last edited by victoriousscarf on Wed May 11, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 1:49 am

He shrugged slightly, brushing a bit of dust from the front of his jacket, "I don't know that I'd call myself an expert. I have experience with it, certainly." After all, the Victorian era lasted long enough to need experience with it...
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 1:59 am

Titling his head, Sadiq considered that and nodded. "Fair enough I suppose. It's a nice thing t' have knowledge of, even if no one else always gets it. Where'd you get those clothes, anyway?"

victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 2:02 am

He looked at the other, arching an eyebrow before recalling just how out of date his preferred attire was. "Oh, here and there. It's amazing the sorts of things you can find when you look hard enough. A couple pieces I have to have made, but mostly I can find things that are close enough to the actual piece that they work."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 2:12 am

Sadiq considered the other man for a very long moment. "I dunno, that seems like a lot of trouble t' go through for an outfit, but hey, I suppose if you like it well enough t' dress up everyday, who am I t' judge? Can I help you with anything, Mr...?"

victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 2:19 am

"Edelstein. Roderich Edelstein. I was actually hoping to get just a half dozen white roses."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 2:24 am

That got a couple rapid blinks out of the taller man. "Half a dozen white roses?" he said and glanced around quickly. Oh good, he would have enough. He slipped from his stool, going about and collecting them from a couple different containers. "So, any special occasion that calls for a half dozen pure white roses?"

victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 2:36 am

"A charming young lady who happens to be partial to them is turning twenty-one today." Roderich replied. He'd probably be paying for these roses for a while, but that was beside the point. She was lovely, and a sweetheart, and unmarried so...
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 2:45 am

Sadiq grinned, though he was also eying the other slightly more warily. He couldn't quite place the other's age, but it seemed a bit old to be giving roses to a younger lady. "Well," he said, "I do hope she enjoys them. Would you like them wrapped or arranged?"

victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 2:52 am

"Wrapped please." The musician replied, arching an eyebrow at the scrutiny, but knowing that any indication of his being out of the norm for a human was hidden. Meaning it was likely something cycling around what he'd said. Ah well.
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 2:53 am

Sadiq nodded, reaching back to get some paper. "Any requests for the color of ribbon?" he asked. "Any other embellishments you'd like?"

Last edited by victoriousscarf on Wed May 11, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 2:57 am

"Red please, and no that will be all I believe." Simple elegance suited this young woman better than most he'd seen over the eons.
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 3:01 am

Sadiq nodded. "A very elegant choice," he said, not glancing toward the book on the counter though he was half tempted. "I'm sure she will be most pleased with her gift."

Last edited by victoriousscarf on Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 3:04 am

Roderich smiled softly at that, glancing toward the book as well, "They mean innocence, wistfulness, virtue, purity, and humility, to name a few of the meanings."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 3:07 am

The taller man paused and then nodded. "True, I do recall at least some of that. I suppose it's a good gift t' give, especially for a birthday." He wasn't asking how old the other was, he wasn't. Besides, for all he knew, the man was her brother. Strangely dressed brother, but still possibly her brother. Finishing the knot, he held the bouquet out, considering it. "Shall this do?"

Last edited by victoriousscarf on Wed May 11, 2011 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 3:09 am

Roderich considered the bouquet, nodding slightly, "Perfectly. How much do I owe you?"
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 3:12 am

Naming the price, Sadiq set the flowers on the counter, going for his receipt book. "She's lucky, whoever she is," he said, feeling like he'd said it before, but it was polite after all.

victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 3:14 am

He smiled slightly again, setting the named price down on the counter, "I hope so. She's a wonderful young woman."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 3:18 am

Putting the money way, Sadiq nodded. "Well, good luck with her. Ever need anymore flowers, you know where t' find me. I'm hardly hard."

victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Wed May 11, 2011 3:20 am

He picked up the flowers, nodding slightly, "I'll keep it in mind. Thank you, sir."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  victoriousscarf Wed May 11, 2011 3:22 am

He nodded. "And good day to you, thanks for your business."

victoriousscarf
victoriousscarf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum