Choices
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[F] Life is Music

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[F] Life is Music - Page 2 Empty Re: [F] Life is Music

Post  Jin Thu May 12, 2011 2:59 am

"So you're not treating 'fascinating' as a compliment then, backhanded or otherwise? Just an observation?" How curious. Jin wasn't used to Angels being so...not nice. The other was far from being mean, but also a ways away from 'humans are so special and wonderful~'

"...While we're on the subject of attracting flies, nothing pulls them in faster than a rotting carcass that's been out in the sun for a while. Dunno exactly how that'd fit into the saying though..."
Jin
Jin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Thu May 12, 2011 3:05 am

"Did I say that? I'm sure I didn't say that. An observation can be a compliment as well. Free will is something that intrigues me and the way they use it does as well. That doesn't mean that I always agree with the choices, but it also doesn't mean that I don't see it as something to occasionally be complimented."

Roderich bit back the urge to laugh, "As to catching flies, yes it does tend to be the fastest way to attract them, but I don't think it works quite so well with the metaphor."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Thu May 12, 2011 2:47 pm

"Hn. I guess it is kind of interesting...like, in the same way watching a mouse run through a maze is interesting," he said with a shrug. "They think they have free reign, but in the end, are still confined...a decision is either right or wrong, after all. All in all, if the good outweighs the bad, they'll end up at your door; if it's the opposite, they'll end up at mine."
Jin
Jin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Thu May 12, 2011 2:53 pm

The angel grimaced at that, but nodded, "True. But still in the end it is their choice where they end up. That in itself is more power than we have."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Thu May 12, 2011 3:01 pm

"Mm...~ I won't name names (not that you'd remember), but I'm sure a good chunk of us fell out of their own free will."

Jin hadn't, though after being away for so long, he wasn't sure if he could handle ever going back. Good thing the chances of that ever happening were next to none.
Jin
Jin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Thu May 12, 2011 3:07 pm

"Falling is the easy part, but humans can choose to go in the reverse as well, to undo their own falls if you will." Roderich replied, "It takes far more effort for one to refuse their own nature than to be built upon free will in the first place." He shrugged, "But this is my own opinion and others see it differently."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Thu May 12, 2011 3:22 pm

“To be like, totally honest,” Jin half smiled, slipping back into a less formal tone, “I find Angels actually having opinions to be more interesting than watching humans do...whatever it is they do. Then again, maybe I’m just completely out of touch with the divine...~”
Jin
Jin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Thu May 12, 2011 3:28 pm

That elicited a bit of a smile, "We have opinions, most just don't express them for fear of conflict as far as I can tell. But spending enough time around humans tends to lead to more frequent ones so far as I can tell."
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Thu May 12, 2011 3:37 pm

“Is conflict that much of a taboo?" he asked, making a slight face. "Hell forbid any of you have a discussion that doesn’t consist entirely of a statement followed by ‘I agree’.”
Jin
Jin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Thu May 12, 2011 3:44 pm

"Conflict, not disagreements. Conflict causes division, we've seen where that can lead. Disagreements happen, conflict is what happens when those aren't dealt with." Roderich explained with a shrug.
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Thu May 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Jin raised an eyebrow at the explanation; just hearing about the bizarre social conduct in Heaven was enough to make him feel uncomfortable. He was almost glad to have been cast out...though, actually admitting that would mean having to let go of a six thousand year grudge, and that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon.

Noting the change in the sun’s position, Jin felt around his jeans for a small cell phone, checking the time.

“Hn. Looks like I’m early enough to still be fashionably late for my shift,” he announced, pocketing the device. “It’s been an enlightening chat, but I've gotta going.”
Jin
Jin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Thu May 12, 2011 4:03 pm

"But of course. Good evening to you." Roderich replied, inclining his head to the Fallen.
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Thu May 12, 2011 4:07 pm

"And average evening to you~" Jin said airily, raising a hand as he walked away.
Jin
Jin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowlark Thu May 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Roderich watched him go, suppressing a smile. Fallen certainly did have their opinions, and a blithe method to their responses sometimes. He would never understand large portions of their ideas, but in some ways they weren't too far off the mark.
meadowlark
meadowlark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum